Skip Navigation LinksStand and Tote at Fairyhouse Racecourse - 1947

Skip to Details
Fairyhouse

Description:

Collen Brothers provided a new stand and Tote for Fairyhouse racecourse in 1947; the new stand was designed and built within eight weeks. The company provided Tote facilities for race meetings throughout the country, including traditional venues such as the Curragh, Punchestown and the Phoenix Park. The breadth of Collen’s activity was striking, as the firm was undertaking building work at racecourses in most counties in Ireland during the 1930s and 1940s.

Key Facts / Information:

Client Fairyhouse Racecourse
Architect
Location Co. Meath
Date  1947